24-32 hours per week
A Little Lovely Company (ALLC) is a Dutch kids lifestyle brand, founded in 2014. Aiming to bring a touch of loveliness to everyday life, ALLC is dedicated to developing unique quality products for kids and baby. All products are original creations, designed with love and an eye for detail, and manufactured to meet worldwide healthy and safe standards. A Little Lovely Company is an international brand, supplying a close network of distributors and retail outlets, large and small, in over 50 countries.
ALLC is searching for an ambitious, talented and experienced product designer, specialising in either industrial design or textile design within the baby/kids or interior design industry.
We are looking for a skilled designer who understands the creative process, has the ability to develop commercially successful products, from start idea to final product, with full knowledge of all relevant production processes. A natural sense of taste and aesthetics is essential, as is being up-to-date with industry trends and market demands, understanding the essence of designing for a target audience, being passionate about your work and creating products, and being able to work within the design vision of A Little Lovely Company.
The successful candidate will work together in a small team and must be super proactive, passionate, innovative, have an eye for detail and continually strive towards excellence.
- Closely follow trends & developments in the branch
- Develop new product/collection ideas and concepts
- Prepare 2D and/or 3D drawings ready for sample production
- Oversee sample development, including feedback and improvements
- Oversee production process, including, when required, communication with manufacturers
- Coordinate packaging design
- Work together with the Creative Director
- Relevant HBO course - industrial/product design, textile design or similar
- Minimum 7 years working experience in a commercial company – with preference in kid’s lifestyle, textiles, or interior design
- Natural passion for creating
- Experienced Adobe user
- Technical knowledge of production process
- International commercial mindset
- High level of written English
- Being able to add new and valuable ideas/input to current collection
- Seeing opportunities and chances
- Creating products that combine sustainability, design, quality, function and aesthetics
What we offer
- Dream job with space to develop creative products
- 24 - 32 hours a week
- Informal working environment at head office in Groningen
- Salary according to industry standards, related to experience and skills
The position is open on an ongoing basis until a successful creative is found. If you have any specific questions or would like more information, please feel free to email Nikki Hateley, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your letter of motivation (in English), along with your CV, portfolio (or links to) to HR@alittlelovelycompany.nl